How do I create REST API credentials?
- Log in to the PayPal Developer Portal using the same credentials you use for PayPal.
- Select Dashboard.
- Click Create App under REST API apps. Any previously created REST API apps will appear in the table under the Create App button.
- Enter the name of your REST API app in the App Name field, and select a Sandbox developer account to associate with your account.
Note: Remember that you can't use a Live credit card in Sandbox, and you can't use a test credit card in your Live account.
- Request permissions for REST API features that apply to your integration, such as:
- Invoicing API
- PayPal Here
- PayPal payments
- Log In with PayPal
- Direct credit cards
- Future Payments
To request access to the following features in the Live environment, select the Enable options as shown in the following screen. After you click Enable, your choices undergo a vetting process that can take up to two or three business days.
- Once your Live and Sandbox REST API credentials are created, including Client ID and Secret, click the Sandbox and Live buttons to switch between each set of credentials.
- You should be able to complete transactions in the Live environment right away.
- Both environments use the same URL. Only the REST API credentials (Client ID and Secret) tell you which environment you're in.
- Don't share your Live REST API credentials with anyone.
Add your new credentials
Go to Joomla Plugins than find Comdev PayPal Plugin, enter given credentials created in previous point. Switch Live or Sandbox.